MLB Power Rankings: Week 4

Rankings through Wednesday May 2nd.
1: Rangers
The grip on this spot is slipping, as the Rays have a better winning percentage.
2: Rays
The Rays are on pace for 112 wins, but losing Longoria hurts. 112 wins would be nice, considering Matt Moore and David Price are on my fantasy team.
3: Dodgers
My list of studs is short. Matt Kemp is most definitely on that list.
4: Cardinals
The only reason they aren't higher than this is the fact that they are 0-0 against teams above .500. The only games the Cardinals have played against teams not in the NL Central is the season opener against Miami. These top four teams are a tier of their own right now.
5: Braves
Tough spot to fill. Pure winning percentage would put the Orioles here (!!!) and the Nationals behind them. Chipper Jones is defying Father Time, putting the Braves in this spot.
6: Yankees
The rotation is lacking right now, for sure. This team is a lot better than their record indicates.
7: Orioles
My O's are 8-2 in their last 10. Only teams in the majors better than 6-4 in that category right now? All in the AL East (Rays 9-1, O's 8-2, Red Sox 7-3).
8: Blue Jays
Yes, I did it. 4 AL East teams in the top 8.
9: Diamondbacks
They have as good a chance as any in the NL West this year.
10: Tigers
I'm sorry, my Tigers are just not that good right now. The loss to the Royals with Verlander pitching was demoralizing. He almost had a loss in a 2-run, 6-hit, 8 inning outing.
11: Reds
Ah, my World Series pick. Finally digging themselves out of the doldrums.
12: Nationals
Some Bryce Harper magic stopped the losing streak. He's another outfielder deserving of  my rare "stud" tag.
13: Indians
Somehow, someway, this team is on top of the AL Central. I say they spend 10 more days in first the rest of this season.
14: Phillies
Once their infield returns from DL hibernation, they should win the NL East.
15: Red Sox
The 7-3 record lately makes me put them in the top half of the rankings.
16: White Sox
A middling .500 team with talent. The 16 spot is tailor-made for these guys.
17: Brewers
They'll recover from this bad start, but probably not to the playoffs.
18: Giants
Timmy needs to get out of his hole, and the bullpen is slacking.
19: Mets
The Mets are my last over .500 team in my rankings. That brings me to a question. How are the Mets above .500?
20: Athletics
This team has potential, if Billy Beane doesn't trade it all away. I wonder what the moneyline is on Yoenis Cespedes finishing the year with another team. I'd say -120.
21: Rockies
You know it's not good when this is the team I need to think about for a second when I'm naming all the teams in the MLB. They've really fallen off the radar since the Jimenez trade (and they're really not that much worse).
22: Angels
Before I get decapitated for putting the Angels this low, even after the no-hitter, let me remind you the Astros have a better record.
23: Mariners
I was high on the Mariners after the sweep of the Tigers, and then a 5-game losing streak happened. Whelp.
24: Astros
Surprisingly, the Astros have won 3 in a row.
25: Pirates
Looks like it'll be 20 losing seasons in a row.
26: Marlins
Man, have these guys dropped off the mainstream ESPN radar.
27: Padres
Two words on why they're this high: Edison Volquez.
28: Royals
So much for me predicting these guys 2nd in the AL Central.
29: Cubs
Uggh, why did I take Carlos Marmol on my fantasy team. Just because he was once a Lansing Lugnut?
30: Twins
The .250 winning percentage makes this my easiest placement.
That's all for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20