Miami Marlins, Penn State scandal, and more!

     In case you haven't heard (and you probably haven't, considering that as far as ESPN is concerned, sports don't exist outside of State College, PA) the Miami Marlins officially unveiled their new uniforms, logo and caps as they make the switch to a new  ballpark, and undergo rebranding. Personally, I liked the old uniforms a lot (teal, or even the blue of the Panthers is a cool color) but the new ones have a nice futuristic look, something you wouldn't expect in baseball. In case you haven't seen the logo:

 Kind of reminds me of monopoly, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on why. The color scheme is a little odd, but it will pass.

     This brings me to a much more serious topic, the Penn State scandal. First of all, a prayer for the victims and I really hope that Jerry Sandusky gets locked up for a long time. I understand why Joe Paterno was fired, orginally I did not agree with the decision. Now, thinking about it more, I see that even if he did what he is legally required to, he definitely should have followed through with what he passed up the chain of command. I feel that Tim Curley (the former AD) and Spanier (the university president) are the ones that are in far worse trouble, and they should be, as it's ultimately their responsibility to deal with. 

     My top 25 for college football will be posted tomorrow, same thing for my NFL picks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20