3/11/12 Thoughts

Hey guys! I'm gonna be here talking about today's games as they happen and answer any questions you guys have (probably none judging by my comments so far... but I digress).


1:30 Bonnies will steal a bid (maybe from Drexel, maybe Seton Hall) if they win this against X. Interesting to note that my teams in the field are the same as the consensus teams in the Bracket Matrix (as of now). Might do some more blind resumes for the teams seeded in the 3-6 seed range and the 7-10 seed range later today... not sure. So don't be surprised if you see some changes there. Vandy/Kentucky could be a good one, Commodores played 'em tight on the 25th of February.


1:50 Sick jumper there by Xavier to get the 3-point play. Florida State's offense is on all cylinders, and it looks like Kentucky could be in for a battle. My picks for these games:
Florida State by 11
Xavier by 2
Kentucky by 8


2:05 Bonnies and 'Noles up at half, tie game in Blue Orleans. Drexel, Mississippi State and Seton Hall are tuned to CBS and on the verge of a heart attack.


2:30 Something tells me that dunk by the Bonnies might spark a run for them... Heels clawing back in it. And I must say, that airballed free throw by Vandy is the first I've seen in a while.


3:00 We've got 3 close ones. Vanderbilt's bad free throw shooting could be their demise in this one and Florida State needs to go into worry mode. So many times in this Kentucky game the 'Cats have used their pure height advantage to snag boards (Jones has been doing this a lot) and get the 2nd chance points. As I type, Kidd-Gilchrist gets his 5th foul and he's out.

3:03 The times I wish I had picture in picture... That was a blatant foul on Florida State (and I'm pulling for them). Nice shot by the Heels though. Looks like the Bonnies have this one in the bag (or close to it).

3:06 Why on earth did the Heels shoot a 3? 

3:10 You must be doing something right if you beat the #1 team in the nation AND you miss 11 free throws. Florida State wins, Heels really blew a chance earlier when they shot that 3 after Florida State dropped the front end of the 1 and 1.

3:12 Finals: Bonnies, Vandy and Florida State win. All 3 underdogs, oddly enough. Now I have a big decision to make. Does the committee go the mid-major route with Drexel or the major route with Seton Hall? That's it for this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20