Premier League Picks: Preseason and Week 1

Every week, I'll be giving my Premier League picks of the week. I'll play a wide variety of bets, but I'll normally stick with the more standard ones. First, I'll do some preseason bets and then I'll give my picks for the upcoming weekend of games.

Premier League Picks 2013-14: +$177
Premier League Picks Week 1: +$177

Preseason:

Chelsea to win the title (3.25) (2 units)

I've Predicted the blues will win the title will win the title and I'm sticking by it here. They have all the pieces they need to edge out the two Manchester clubs.

Sunderland to be relegated (6) (1.5 units)

I'm predicting Sunderland is going to be one of the three teams to go down, so this is a logical choice. They just don't have much Premier League experience.

Fulham to be relegated (7.5) (1 unit)

I also think Fulham is going to have a worse year than many expect and they could take the drop as well as the Black Cats.

Robin van Persie to be the top scorer (4.5) (0.5 units)

I'm willing to dump half a unit on one of the most consistent Premier League strikers to bag the most goals.

Michu to be the top scorer (51) (0.2 units)

Oh, come on, Michu should have better odds than this considering how prolific a scorer he was last year, even with Bony in Swansea now. I'm only dumping $20 on this one because while there is value here, the odds are still very low.

Sunderland AND Fulham to be relegated (67) (0.1 units)

I think it's worth $10 for something that probably has about a 3% chance of happening at these odds.

Crystal Palace AND Sunderland to be relegated (12) (0.5 units)

This is a nice booster to add to the Sunderland relegation bet, as Palace is an odds on favorite to go down.

Everton to finish in the top 8 (1.4) (2 units)

I mentioned in my season preview how Everton is far ahead of the bottom 13 teams, I don't see them slipping out of the top 8.

Norwich to finish in the top half (5.5) (1 unit)

I'm higher on Norwich than many this year, and I think that they have a realistic chance of pulling in the #9 or #10 spot.

Week 1 Bets:

I went a little crazy on the preseason bets so I'm limiting these to only two.

Stoke @ Liverpool

I'm high on both these teams this year, but especially the Potters. They're going to be about the same as last year, and it seems many people are picking them to be relegated. They can stay within 1 goal of Liverpool.

Stoke +1.25 (2.0) (1.5 units) +$75

Tottenham @ Crystal Palace

I know that Crystal Palace will be hungry in their first Premier League game, but Tottenham is still much better than them. I have no idea why Spurs aren't larger favorites.

Tottenham -0.75 (2.02) (2 units) +$102

That's all for now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20