College Basketball Picks: January 1-15

So, I decided to bring back my NBA picks. And then I decided to do college basketball picks instead. I'm going to do bracketology anyway, so I'll be tuned in to the college basketball world. I'll start off with small units (0.5 or 1 unit for most games). Once I get a good grasp for what I'm doing, I'll up the units.

College Basketball Picks Jan 1-15: +$385 (3.85 units)
1/15
Notre Dame @ Saint John's +6
I understand that Big East road wins are hard, but the Johnnies aren't even on the radar for the tourney.
Notre Dame -6 (1 unit) -$110
Tennessee @ Kentucky -12.5
Kentucky has faltered (even lost straight up) in home games against similar teams a number of times.
Tennessee +12.5 (1 unit) +$100
1/14
Baylor @ Kansas -10.5
I think Kansas will blow Baylor out of the water after their home scare against Iowa State last week.
Kansas -10.5 (1 unit) +$100
1/13
Providence @ Seton Hall -4.5
Providence lost to Brown, they suck. Seton Hall is a fringe bubble team.
Seton Hall -4.5 (0.5 units) -$55
Michigan @ Ohio State -2
This is a very similar situation to the Duke/NC State game yesterday. The only difference is the line. I hate U of M, but they're the right side here.
Michigan +2 (1 unit) -$110
Iowa @ Northwestern -2
The Hawkeyes are considerably better than Northwestern.
Iowa +2 (0.5 units) +$50
1/12
Georgetown @ Saint John's +1.5
It goes against my M.O. to pick a small road favorite, but Saint John's is not even a fringe bubble team while Georgetown is top 25 material.
Georgetown -1.5 (1 unit) +$100
Marquette @ Pittsburgh -11
These teams aren't even, but they're pretty close to it. I do not get this line.
Marquette +11 (0.5 units) +$50
Butler @ Dayton PK
Look, I understand all the action is on Butler. But they're just so much better than the Flyers.
Butler PK (0.5 units) +$50
North Carolina @ Florida State -4.5
This is a big over reaction line. North Carolina is a better team than Florida State, and substantially so.
North Carolina +4.5 (0.5 units) +$50
Illinois @ Wisconsin -6
Illinois is substantially better than Wisconsin and nobody is injured. What's going on here?
Illinois +6 (1 unit) -$110
Texas A&M @ Kentucky -14.5
The Aggies are not anywhere near this bad. Kentucky struggled with Vanderbilt just 2 days ago.
Texas A&M +14.5 (0.5 units) +$50
1/11
Nothing for me on the short Friday schedule tonight.
1/10
Miami (FL) @ North Carolina -4
North Carolina is way overrated. Miami is slightly better.
Miami (FL) +4 (0.5 units) +$50
Northwestern @ Penn State -2
I think Northwestern is substantially better than Penn State for the 10th spot in the Big 10.
Northwestern +2 (0.5 units) +$50
Arizona State @ Oregon State -4.5
Another case where the better team is getting points.
Arizona State +4.5 (1 unit) +$100
1/9
Butler @ Saint Joe's -2
What? Is this a typo? Butler is far better than Saint Joe's.
Butler +2 (1 unit) +$100
Iowa State @ Kansas -12.5
I'm fading the Jayhawks again. Iowa State is a bubble team and should not be underdogs by this much.
Iowa State +12.5 (0.5 units) +$50
Bradley @ Indiana State -4.5
Indiana State is solidly better than Bradley and should be getting more than this.
Indiana State -4.5 (0.5 units) +$50
UNLV @ New Mexico -3.5
New Mexico is very solid. I can't go against them in the Pit.
New Mexico -3.5 (0.5 units) +$50
1/8
Tough beat on the Northwestern game yesterday. Anyways, back for today.
Clemson @ Duke -18
Betting against the #1 team on their home court is usually a good proposition.
Clemson +18 (1 unit) -$110
Alabama @ Missouri -10
The Tide haven't lost by more than 10 to any team this year, save VCU who is substantially better than Missouri.
Alabama +10 (0.5 units) -$55

Special: 1/7
I'm putting this here because my Other Sports Picks page doesn't get any views. My computer only has 'Bama -1.5 tonight. I'll put a unit on the Notre Dame moneyline.
Moneyline Underdog: Notre Dame +295 (1 unit) -$110

1/6
Temple @ Kansas -14.5
The Owls have already slayed Syracuse this year. They're a solid team, and shouldn't be this big of an underdog to anybody except Duke.
Temple +14.5 (1 unit) +$100
Northwestern @ Minnesota -17.5
The Golden Gophers could be in for a letdown after a big win over Michigan State. Northwestern is a fringe tournament team, they should be getting more respect than this.
Northwestern +17.5 (0.5 units) -$55
Colorado @ Arizona State +2
The Buffaloes are one of the most underrated teams in the country. If they can cover -2 @ Baylor and Murray State, I'm confident they can do so against Arizona State.
Colorado -2 (1 unit) -$110


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20