NFL Picks Week 19

Picks will go up later today (at least the Saturday games).
Game 1: Baltimore @ Denver -9
The Ravens are, in my opinion, the worst team remaining in the playoffs. However, they are still a very good football team and have lots of momentum behind them. Ray Rice can get the job done against the Broncos, and they certainly have a shot at winning this game. Denver is under a ton of pressure to succeed, a situation that the Broncos have not faced in the past few years. They were the underdog story last year, and I'm not sure they'll handle the shift in dynamic well. I'm going to place a unit on the visitor.
Baltimore +9 (1 unit) +$100
Game 2: Green Bay @ San Francisco -3
In my opinion, this is the best game of the weekend. I believe that whoever wins this game will be going to the Super Bowl, and will have a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl. The Packers have experience here, but will be playing in a very hostile road environment. However, it is not to be overlooked that Aaron Rodgers has playoff experience and Colin Kaepernick doesn't. The 49ers are also a very solid team, and haven't lost at home in almost 3 months. I think Green Bay would win this one if it was in Lambeau (which it would've been if they beat Minnesota Week 17). I'll go '9ers for 0 units.
San Francisco -3 (0 units) +$0
Game 3: Seattle @ Atlanta -3
Seattle is absolutely on fire. They have not lost since Thanksgiving weekend. I believe that the key to their success is Marshawn Lynch, not Russell Wilson. However, the ability to have 2 prolific runners in the backfield opens up so many options. They do have to play a 1:00 game on the East Coast, always a risky proposition. However, they killed Buffalo and Chicago in that dynamic. The Falcons stumbled their way into the playoffs, losing to the Bucaneers in Week 17. I certainly wouldn't be surprised to see Atlanta pull it out, but I'm placing 3 units on Seattle.
Seattle +3 (3 units) +$300
Game 4: Houston @ New England -9.5
The Texans looked very, very beatable last week against Cincinnati. The Texans backed their way into the playoffs even more so than Atlanta did, with no convincing wins since the Baltimore game. However, Matt Schaub is a very underestimated quarterback. New England has the moxie, and the quarterback, and the coach to make it to the Super Bowl, as I think they will (against San Fran). I would place two or three units on New England, but my gut is telling me not to. I think Foster may go off here, so I'll limit this play to 1 unit.
New England -9.5 (1 unit) +$100

Teasers/Pleasers/Props:
I'm feeling risky, so I'll play a pleaser for half a unit.
Ties Win Pleaser: Seattle -3.5, New England -15.5 (0.5 units) +600 -$55

NFL Week 19: +$445 (4.45 units)
NFL 2012: +$4692 (46.92 units)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20