Bracketology 3/8/16

1) Both Monmouth and Valparaiso lost, and now both face uphill battles towards at-large bids. I have both out of the field right now, with Valparaiso significantly closer to the field. However, I see the argument for Monmouth- the committee loves non-conference strength of schedule and giving Monmouth an at-large would go a long way towards encouraging low-major teams to schedule harder. My hunch is that I will have both teams out in my final bracket, but I wouldn't be shocked to see either one end up in.

2) For the first time all year, Hofstra appears in my at-large consideration. I think they're a real long-shot to get in, but they are 6-4 against the RPI top 100. Their 5 losses against RPI 101+ is a bit deceiving- three of those losses are to RPI 101 Siena or RPI 103 James Madison. I don't expect them to be in anyone's projected bracket on Sunday, but I wouldn't be floored to see them get an at-large.

3) The only bubble teams in action today are Florida State, St. Mary's and Gonzaga. For the Seminoles, a win is necessary to keep their hopes alive. St. Mary's is likely in no matter their result, while I have a hard time figuring out how Gonzaga might get an at-large.

4) Here's my projected bracket for today. One nugget I really liked today was the possibility for Northern Iowa to play a #1 overall seeded Kansas. 



Moving In: Wright State, Iona, UNC Wilmington
Moving Out: Valparaiso, Monmouth, Hofstra
Removed from Consideration: None

Legitimate Possibilities: San Diego State, Connecticut, Gonzaga, Valparaiso, Michigan, Monmouth
Long Shots: Arkansas-LR, Hofstra, George Washington, Stanford, Florida, Houston, Washington, Florida State

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20