College Football Week 6 Picks

Week 1: 7-1-1 +16.90 units
Week 2: 3-6 -0.31 units
Week 3: 3-4 -1.09 units
Week 4: 4-5 +3.22 units
Week 5: 1-5-1 -10.07 units
Season Total: 18-21-2 +8.65 units

Last week was by far my worst of the year, pretty much everything went against me. Much closer to flat for the year now, although the win total picks I made in the preseason comprise a major chunk of my bankroll and are looking quite good right now.

Boston College @ Louisville

Boston College has had a weird start to the year, beating Virginia Tech but losing to Kansas. I still think that they have a decent shot at a bowl, given the wide open state of the middle of the ACC. Louisville lost to a mediocre Florida State team last week and I still think they're one of the worst teams in the conference. I have BC as a mild favorite here.

Boston College +5 -103 (3 units)

Troy @ Missouri

For most of my picks, I can get a sense that it might be a game I like before even seeing the line- but this one caught me by surprise. Missouri is a good team, arguably a top 25 team, but Troy is a bowl team who has lost two shootouts to decent opponents. I'm not sure why the Trojans are getting more than 3 touchdowns here.

Troy +24.5 -102 (2 units)

Liberty @ New Mexico State

Liberty's strange independent schedule continues as they play their second of three games against New Mexico schools this year. I was on the Flames last week at home against New Mexico when they pushed -7, and I'm on them again here. New Mexico State is one of the worst teams in FBS and should be more than a touchdown dog against a likely bowl team.

Liberty -3.5 -117 (2 units)

Utah State @ LSU

The emergence of LSU's offense was arguably the story of September as Joe Burrow looks like a legitimate Heisman candidate. Utah State is a very good team though- definitely in the top 50, on par with say, South Carolina. If the Gamecocks were coming into Death Valley, they wouldn't be getting 4 touchdowns and Utah State shouldn't either.

Utah State +27.5 -108 (2 units)

Tulane @ Army

Both of these teams are having solid seasons- Tulane looks like a possible contender in the AAC West after their dramatic win at Houston, while Army nearly beat Michigan a few weeks ago. This is going to be a low scoring, grind it out battle and I have Army slightly higher than Tulane in my ratings so I'm surprised to see the Black Knights getting points here.

Army +2.5 -104 (1 unit)

Northwestern @ Nebraska

Nebraska was in the AP preseason top 25, but that hype has quickly ground to a halt after their loss to Colorado and their blowout at the hands of Ohio State. Northwestern has had a rocky start to their own season, but I think there's value on the Wildcats here.

Northwestern +7.5 -111 (1 unit)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20