College Football Week 7 Picks

Preseason Win Totals: 1-0 +3.33 units
Week 1: 7-1-1 +16.90 units
Week 2: 3-6 -0.31 units
Week 3: 3-4 -1.09 units
Week 4: 4-5 +3.22 units
Week 5: 1-5-1 -10.07 units
Week 6: 3-3 +0.52 units
Season Total: 21-24-2 +9.17 units

I won my biggest pick last week on Boston College, but split my 6 picks overall to finish essentially flat on the week. I cashed my first preseason win total pick, as San Jose State won their 3rd game of the year, so my 6 unit pick on San Jose State over 2.5 wins in the preseason is now locked in.

Syracuse @ NC State

I've faded NC State multiple times this season and that continues here. Even in a very weak ACC, I struggle to see a path to bowl eligibility for the Wolfpack. They got rolled by a mediocre Florida State team in their last game, and struggled against Ball State before that. Syracuse fell off the radar after their losses to Maryland and Clemson, but they have 2 wins better than NC State's best win.

Syracuse +4.5 -109 (3 units)

Louisville @ Wake Forest

Louisville is another team that I have been fading for multiple weeks, and that continues here. The Cardinals are off to a 3-2 start, but face the ACC's 3 ranked teams in the next 3 weeks. Wake Forest is looking like the second best team in the conference and should be more than a touchdown favorite over a team that would be lucky to make a bowl.

Wake Forest -6.5 -112 (2 units)

San Jose State @ Nevada

San Jose State has been my most profitable team all year, between my win total bet on them and their big win at Arkansas a few weeks ago. I like the Spartans here yet again as they face a Nevada team that has looked absolutely awful since their big win over Purdue in week 1. I have the Spartans as mild favorites in this game.

San Jose State +2.5 -111 (2 units)

North Texas @ Southern Miss

I've been high on Southern Miss all year, and the Golden Eagles' only losses are to SEC teams. They now enter the tough part of their conference schedule with the three fellow contenders in the Conference USA west division in their next four games. I think they're the best team in the conference and should be getting more than 3 points here.

Southern Miss -3 -110 (2 units)

Kent State @ Akron

It's really hard to tell how good Kent State is, as they've only played one game all season against a team anywhere near their level. On the other hand, we know Akron is really bad as they're yet to win a game and lost to fellow FBS bottom dweller UMass two weeks ago. However, it's hard for me to see Kent State getting two touchdowns on the road against any FBS team.

Akron +14 +101 (2 units)

Memphis @ Temple

Memphis is generating some buzz, as the Tigers are one of the last 4 undefeated G5 teams. However, I don't think they're that much better than Temple- their most impressive win is probably over Navy at home. The Owls have had a confusing start to their season with the big win over Maryland and the loss to Buffalo, but I think this line should be closer to a pick.

Temple +5.5 -108 (1 unit)

Oklahoma vs. Texas

This is arguably the game of the week, as it's easily Oklahoma's toughest test of the year thus far. I'm still not as high on the Sooners as most, and I only have them a few spots above Texas in my ratings. That means that I have the 'Horns as more mild underdogs here and like them a little at this number.

Texas +10.5 -102 (1 unit)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bracketology 3/12/20

Bracketology 3/7/20

Bracketology 3/11/20